Tuesday 29 May 2012

Thing 2: Investigate other blogs


Exploring other blogs in the run up to beginning cpd23 has been immensely helpful and reassuring. There is such a diverse bunch of library folk taking part with many of the same apprehensions as my own but with better blog names! I had been using the delicious site to investigate blogs from UK, 2012, HE some of which have duly been added to my Google Reader.  These have been so intriguing and entertaining even at this early stage I have found myself on the alphabetical list clicking at random sure to strike gold.

I am by all accounts quite a quiet person (sort of), not just in unfamiliar crowds but often in my core circles of friends too. It’s not that I am overwhelmingly introvert or shy I just prefer to listen. In this scenario however I listen then contribute (hopefully something of relevance), I am yet to really transfer this to online social networks.

In a real social situation, even if quiet, you’re there! You have form! Your physical presence demands attention even if you’re not the centre of it. Although I’m not particularly anxious to comment on people’s blogs it hasn’t been something I “do”. Until now! Comments needn’t be a daunting debate generator, I’m sure people just appreciate that someone’s read their blog and is willing to say good job, keep it up!

Lots of exclamation marks in that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment